Friday, February 8, 2013

Jordan!!


Here are the pictures from my week in Jordan! I am doing serious summarizing here, but here's a quick run-down of the trip:

The scenery was amazing.
 
We saw where Moses was told not to enter the promised land. He was then translated from this spot.

So mannequins. . . ? It's creepy. They are everywhere. It's really awkward when you bump into someone, apologize, and then have a heart attack when you realize they are fake. . .

Oh, Petra!! It's my new favorite hiking place in the world. The pictures don't do it justice. We hiked for hours and still didn't see all the tombs. There were dozens!! 

 I rode a camel and died. Coolest thing ever. He was way nice and so cute! We're friends.


 Shopping in Amman! There wasn't much there, but they did have the best chocolate in the world. No joke. I'm pretty sure I refer to everything as "the best" or "my favorite," but I'm not kidding. I love the Middle East.

The temple of Hercules at the Amman Citadel. Incredible.

Jerash! An amazing ancient city. Temples, theaters, pillars. . .

 So I thought I was in Jordan? . . . Turned out to be Greece/Rome. Amazing!

And the grand finale. . . The River Jordan. As always, such a humble place for such a grand event in Christ's life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment