Monday, February 25, 2013

Neot Kedumim Field Trip

Neot Kedumim is a Biblical preserve with plants, animals, and objects from the bible. We first herded sheep and goats. It was difficult! The shepherd finally stepped in (after much struggle on our part) and started shoving the sheep forward. Once he got them moving they followed him. It turns out, sheep need direction before they follow. I think there is a talk in there somewhere. . .

We also pulled a bucket out of a cistern. . . it relates to the Bible somehow.

 Then I awkwardly realized most of my pictures are of myself, so here's a pictures of the guys in my Old Testament class along with my teacher, Brother Judd (4th from the right). Aren't they cute?

John and I mashing Zatar--a delicous herb we eat with pitas. 

This is random--a . . forest? Those are hard to come by. It felt close to home. We even made  a fire and cooked pitas and soup. Gotta love the smell of campfire!

They showed us a really old Torah scroll! The artistry of it was pretty amazing.

My wonderful teachers--Brother Judd (Old Testament) and Proffesor Stratford (Ancient Near East) displaying adornments from the Torah Scroll.

Denim Buddies! We were herding sheep--it seemed right.

Another oil press. This one was huge and took four girls to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment