Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pool of Bethesda

 I made it through half of my midterms! As a reward, I went to the Pool of Bethesda on Friday. We entered the city through Lion's Gate. It's a smaller but pretty gate. 


 I have been looking forward to this all semester! I LOVE Carl Bloch's painting, Healing at the Pool of Bethesda. I couldn't wait to see the site where Christ performed so many miracles.

It was gorgeous. The ruins are 20 ft below ground, but have been partially excavated.  It was a little oasis in the middle of the city!  There isn't much left of the places we see, but there is such a great spirit here.

On the way home we ran into this parrot! We tried speaking to him in Arabic, but he didn't respond. Maybe we should have tried Hebrew.  

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey Lanay, or the program admin: these photos of the Pool at Bethesda are incredible! May I share them in a small community Bible study where I live in WA state in a Powerpoint? We do not charge admission or anything like that. I just prefer to get the photographer's permission before sharing photos I find online. Looks like it was an incredible trip in 2013!

    ReplyDelete