Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tel Aviv!!!

 Ok let's be real. I haven't blogged in a month. I've been really busy. I figure I should get back on top of things, so here we go. . . TEL AVIV!!!! Best day ever. Where in the world did this place come from?? When you have been in a desert for 2 months, there is nothing like a gorgeous beach on the Mediterranean!! For the first time we left the center with no teachers, no schedule, and no idea where we were. We had an amazing adventure!!

 The morning was spent going crazy over the view, cool breeze, and smell of the ocean. It was so different than Jersusalem! Below is me in the flea market waiting for it to get warm enough to hit the beach.

 What would the trip be without another amazing church? This church was right on the beach! You can't beat that.

 There are two sides in Tel Aviv--the big city, and old Jafa. Here is Ben and I in old Jafa. It was a gorgeous little place with docks and fishing boats and this cute fountain. It felt like Greece!

 For lunch we ate on a hill overlooking the ocean. There are so many of us, even in a huge city we end up running into each other. Here are 25 of the 82 of us.

Oh the Mediteranean. The most amazing beach I've been on. Yes, it beats Florida and Hawaii.

Finally it got warm enough for the beach!!! Let me say it again, BEST beach I've ever been to. 70 degrees in February. Swimming in the Mediterranean Sea. You just can't beat that. Look at the water and that sand!
 Here are pictures of my friends and me loving life.

 Below is my roommate Jessica and I. She just got her mission call to the West Indies!

 After a few hours on the beach we found ice cream in Old Jafa. They are masters of ice cream out here (I still haven't found a cupcake-- that will be a wonderful day).

As if the day couldn't get any better, we found a bike shop. Being the adventurous students we are, we rented bikes for two hours! We rode all along the coast past and into the city.


It was completely gorgeous! For the second time in my life I watched the sunset over the ocean.

For dinner we found a nice Italian restaurant and I ate pizza--the best I've had so far. Those are two things I miss--cake and pizza. But still, it was delicous and the perfect end to an incredible day. I feel so blessed. I LOVE ISRAEL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment