Monday, January 14, 2013

Overlook Field Trip

I stepped inside my first cathedral today!!! Actually I don't know if it was a cathedral, but it was a gorgeous church!!! Anyway, I walked in and my jaw dropped and I had a heart attack and was in artist's heaven. Literally I have never seen something so incredible in my life. The Augusta Victoria church of the Ascension is officially my favorite artwork. The pictures do not do the real thing justice (just like every other thing here). We sang "Be Still My Soul" and the acoustics were so awesome! I love that we sing at all the sites we visit. Music is so powerful. It brings the spirit so strong! 

Our field trip took us to overlooks all around Jerusalem. At this stop we saw the Temple Mount, Dome of the Rock, and all the graves outside the Golden Gate.


Overlooking Bethlehem we found a grotto where the shepherds keep sheep. Christ was born in a cave like this!
We saw so many different views of all the different cities around here. On the right of the next picture is a brown terraced hill. This is Gibeon. Many different bible stories took place on this hill. In Joshua 10:6-14 there is a battle here and Joshua commands the sun and moon to stand still. In 1 Kings 3:3-4 Solomon offers sacrifices here. A few others happened there as well. It amazes me that so much happened in this land!


No comments:

Post a Comment