Saturday, March 9, 2013

Goodbyes & Finals. . .

 One of our service couples, the Squires, went back home this week. We miss them already! Here is an adorable picture of all the service couples, teachers & their families. On the left is Brother Stratford (Ancient Near East) and his wife and children. Next to him is President & Sister Schaefer, the branch president and humanitarian service couple. Next to them is Brother and Sister Jackson, the Director and his wife. In the Back middle with sunglasses is Doctor Bench and his wife to the left. The center is the Squires, and then to the right is the new service couple taking their places. Finally, we have on the far right Brother Schade, my new teacher and bus leader for New Testament, with the amazing brother Judd to the left of them. The Squires were the music service couple. They directed choir and played organ and piano. We are sad they are gone but look forward to getting to know the new couple.

Finals week. . . this was honestly the hardest academic week of my life. This program is intense! Here is Brother Judd teaching our last Old Testament class.

Here is the sad view I had all week as I studied all 600 ish terms and wrote 3 papers in prep for 6 tests. I feel accomplished.

When I felt like the week would never  I stepped outside to see this view. I'll take a week like this any day if it means waking up to this view every morning. 

In the end I survived. Here is Ophir Yardin, our incredible Israel teacher. It was sad to say goodbye! . . . you can tell how exhausted we all are. 

Well, finals are over! I can't believe how fast time is going!!! Tomorrow we fly out to TURKEY!! I'm so excited. After that we will be taking two classes for the rest of the semester. We will focus on Christ's life and spend 10 days in Galilee. Hopefully I will have internet in Turkey and I will post about it all!






No comments:

Post a Comment