Sunday, March 24, 2013

Palm Sunday

Today is Palm Sunday! It was incredible to experience it in the Holy Land! We started the day by going to a service at the St. George Episcopal church. This is the church my family in Florida belongs to! I was so excited! I was explaining everything to my friends because I remember how it all works from my visits in Florida. It was a beautiful service and was definitely my favorite of all the church services we've visited. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. It was also fun to have a special service to bless the palm leaves.
The church and its gardens were gorgeous! Spring in the Holy Land is amazing.

We went to Lina's for lunch to eat the best hummus in the world. I will forever remember the hummus of the Mediterranean.

Here we are exploring! We found an entrance to the rooftops and walked along the roofs of the old city.

Then the Palm Sunday walk began! Hundreds of people came to make the walk from Bethphage over the Mt of Olives and through the city gates into the Pools of Bethesda at St. Anne's church.
We sang hymns and other people joined in with us! It was a wonderful experience.
The walk took 2 hours and was completely worth it.

It was an amazing Palm Sunday. I definitely appreciate the holiday so much more now that I have experienced it in the very place it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment