Monday, March 18, 2013

Painting a Mural


We finished painting a mural at the Princess Basma school. As a member of the humanitarian committe I was given the opportunity to head the project! Here is the process:

First I drew a small scale version of my idea. On a larger scale I used watercolor to paint a better representation.

Then we went to the school! Here is the space we were given.

We projected my painting onto the wall and traced the outline.

Then the painting began! We spent over 15 hours and had at least 20 different people working on it through the course of many days.

We started in February and finally finished today! I am thrilled with how it turned out! I am so grateful for all the amazing students who helped make my vision a reality!

Here it is, right in the main entrance!

My first mural! I'm sad to leave it behind but proud to give it to this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment